Historic Renovation in Flint, Michigan
The Durant Hotel was built in 1920 and quickly became a symbol of Flint’s prominence and success. The landmark building, located at 607 E. 2nd Avenue, now has 93 lofts with 12,192 square feet of commercial space on the first floor. The renovation provides urban-style lofts in the downtown area, playing a role in the overall revitalization of Flint.
The historic renovation of the Durant has preserved the architectural features of the building while creating contemporary urban lofts. The project is the result of a partnership and support of the Genesee County Landbank, the C.S. Mott Foundation, Ford Foundation, Community Foundation of Greater Flint, MEDC, MSHDA and Genesee County.